Photography's Orientalism , 
Photography's Orientalism : new essays on colonial representation / edited by Ali Behdad and Luke Gartlan.
- Los Angeles : Getty Research Institute, 
- Physical Description:
- 215 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX650.E85 P49 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"This volume evolved from "Zoom out: the making and the unmaking of the 'Orient' through photography," held at the Getty Research Institute, Los Angeles, May 6-7, 2010"--Title page verso.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Political aspects -- Middle East.Imperialism in art.Orientalism in art -- Middle East.Photography -- Middle East -- History -- 19th century.
- The Orientalist photograph / Ali Behdad
- What's photography got to do with it? / Christopher Pinney
- The limits of circumscription / Mary Roberts
- Alternative histories of photography in the Ottoman Middle East / Nancy Micklewright
- Off the frame: the panoramic city albums of Istanbul / Esra Akcan
- Two or three dimensions? scale, photography, and Egypt's pyramids / Darcy Grimaldo Grigsby
- Dandies on the pyramids: photography and German-speaking artists in Cairo / Luke Gartlan
- Flash forward: pictures at war / Hannah Feldman
- Travel albums and revisioning narratives: a case study in the Getty's Fleury "cachemire" album of 1908 / Rob Linrothe
- The mute testimony of the picture: British paper photography and India / John Tagg.