V&A pattern , 2013
V&A pattern : C.F.A. Voysey.
- Additional Title(s):
V & A pattern, C.F.A. Voysey
- London : Victoria & Albert Pub. ; 2013.
New York : Distributed in North America by Harry N. Abrams, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 66 p. : chiefly col. ill. ; 19 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
- Reference LibraryNJ18.V935 V5 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Related Content:
- Online resource
- Introductory text by Karen Livingstone.
V&A Pattern Books contain designs for textiles, decorations, wallpapers and prints form the collection of the V & A Museum. This volume is composed of designs by C.F.A. Voysey.
Includes bibliographical references.
English architect and designer C.F.A. Voysey (1828-1912) produced a wide range of textiles and other patterns over a career spanning 50 years. His style is characterized by bold repeats, natural forms, flat tints of color, and a pared-back simplicity, and is quickly identifiable.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Animal forms -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Decoration and ornament -- Plant forms -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Pattern books.Repetitive patterns (Decorative arts) -- Pictorial works.Textile design -- Pictorial works.Textile fabrics -- Pictorial works.Victoria and Albert Museum -- Catalogs.Voysey, Charles F. A., 1857-1941.Wallpaper -- Pictorial works.