V&A pattern , 2013
V&A pattern : C.F.A. Voysey.
- Additional Title(s):
V & A pattern, C.F.A. Voysey
- London : Victoria & Albert Pub. ; 2013.
New York : Distributed in North America by Harry N. Abrams, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 66 p. : chiefly col. ill. ; 19 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
- Reference LibraryNJ18.V935 V5 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Online resource
- Introductory text by Karen Livingstone.
V&A Pattern Books contain designs for textiles, decorations, wallpapers and prints form the collection of the V & A Museum. This volume is composed of designs by C.F.A. Voysey.
Includes bibliographical references.
English architect and designer C.F.A. Voysey (1828-1912) produced a wide range of textiles and other patterns over a career spanning 50 years. His style is characterized by bold repeats, natural forms, flat tints of color, and a pared-back simplicity, and is quickly identifiable.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Animal forms -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Decoration and ornament -- Plant forms -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Pattern books.Repetitive patterns (Decorative arts) -- Pictorial works.Textile design -- Pictorial works.Textile fabrics -- Pictorial works.Victoria and Albert Museum -- Catalogs.Voysey, Charles F. A., 1857-1941.Wallpaper -- Pictorial works.