McArthur, Euan, Scotland, CEMA and the Arts Council, 1919-1967 , 2013
Scotland, CEMA and the Arts Council, 1919-1967 : background, politics and visual art policy / Euan McArthur.
- Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 228 pages ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryNX750.G7 M39 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and state -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Art and state -- Scotland -- History -- 20th century.Arts Council of Great Britain -- History.Nationalism and the arts -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Nationalism and the arts -- Scotland -- History -- 20th century.Scottish Arts Council -- History.
- Background. Idealism and welfare
- The informal fringe
- Politics. A cold coming
- To advise and assist
- Crisis and agreement
- Do they do anything in Scotland?
- Give a dog a good name
- Visual art policy. Learning by doing
- Gatekeeper of the arts
- Scottish committee members, 1943-67.