McArthur, Euan, Scotland, CEMA and the Arts Council, 1919-1967 , 2013
Scotland, CEMA and the Arts Council, 1919-1967 : background, politics and visual art policy / Euan McArthur.
- Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 228 pages ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryNX750.G7 M39 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and state -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Art and state -- Scotland -- History -- 20th century.Arts Council of Great Britain -- History.Nationalism and the arts -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Nationalism and the arts -- Scotland -- History -- 20th century.Scottish Arts Council -- History.
- Background. Idealism and welfare
- The informal fringe
- Politics. A cold coming
- To advise and assist
- Crisis and agreement
- Do they do anything in Scotland?
- Give a dog a good name
- Visual art policy. Learning by doing
- Gatekeeper of the arts
- Scottish committee members, 1943-67.