Anderson, Anne, 1956-, Under the greenwood , 2013
- Under the greenwood : picturing the British tree from Constable to Hockney / Anne Anderson ... [et al.].
- Bristol : Sansom & Co., 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 200 p. : ill. ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN7680 .A534 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This celebration of the British Tree features the work of approximately 80 major artists of two centuries from the early 1800s. The twentieth century is strongly represented, as are our contemporary artists. Each contemporary artist contributes an art work and 300-400 word statement on trees in their practice. There are essays on the rationale of the exhibition/book; Folklore and Mythology; Natural History, and a collection of poetry. Exhibtion: St. Barbe Museum, Lymington, UK (27.7.-5.10.2013) / St. Barbe Museum, Lymington, UK (12.10.-23.11.2013).
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- Exhibitions.Art, British -- History.Trees in art -- Exhibitions.