C. W, Portraits of brood mares belonging to the Royal Stud at Hampton Court , 1837
Portraits of brood mares belonging to the Royal Stud at Hampton Court / by C.W.
- London : Sams, Royal Library, St. James's Street, book and printseller to the Queen and royal family, 1837.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves,  leaves plates : ill. ; 54 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 95Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- With tinted lithographs by A. Ducôte.
Printed by William Nicol, Shakspeare Press, 51, Pall Mall, London.
Originally issued in four serial parts. See: Podeschi.
Leaves are printed on one side only.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 155
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 197
BEIN UUzfe36 837P: The original 4 parts, uncut, as issued.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red half morocco and red cloth; the original wrappers for each of the four parts are bound in at end. An ALS, dated 3 May 1964, from Thomas Ewart Marston to Paul Mellon has been removed to the object file; in the letter, this book is presented as a gift from Yale (Beinecke Library) to Mellon.
Portraits, histories, and pedigrees of 24 brood mares belonging to the Royal Stud at Hampton Court.
- Subject Terms:
- Hampton (London, England)Horses -- England -- Pedigrees.Horses in art.Mares -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Marston, Thomas E. -- ALS to Paul Mellon, 1964.Mellon, Paul -- ALS from Thomas E. Marston, 1964.Sams, Royal Library -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- 1837.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Young Espagnolle
- The Arabian mare
- Miss Craven
- Miss Clifton
- Miss O'Neil
- Arabian mare
- La Danseuse.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.