Heath, William, 1795-1840, Fashion and folly, or, The buck's pilgrimage, 
Fashion and folly, or, The buck's pilgrimage [graphic]
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Published by William Sams, St. James's Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 pictures on 1 joined sheet : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 13 x 617 cm, in cylindrical case 16 cm x 7 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.H44 F377 1822Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint from publisher's original label.
Engravings by and after William Heath.
Issued in a boxwood drum.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 487
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. In original boxwood drum.
24 hand-colored scenes. Each scene with four lines of verse.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Fashion -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Sams, William -- Publisher.Satire, English.
Panoramas -- England.
Scrolls -- England -- 19th century.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
Satires (Visual works) -- England -- 1822.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.