The mirror of fashion [graphic] / Richard Dighton, 1823.
- [London] : Published by William Sams, bookseller to his Royal Highness the Duke of York, opposite the Palace, St. James Street, London, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : hand-colored etchings ; sheets end-to-end 15 x 335 cm, rolled (in boxwood case) to 15 x 7 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT737 .D54 1822 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Humorous panoramic view of men's fashions with captions.
Title from original decorated boxwood drum dated 1823. Imprint from panorama, dated 1822.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 491
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original boxwood drum with engraved label.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Caricatures and cartoons.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Fashion -- Great Britain -- Humor.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
Panoramas -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.