The mirror of fashion [graphic] / Richard Dighton, 1823.
- [London] : Published by William Sams, bookseller to his Royal Highness the Duke of York, opposite the Palace, St. James Street, London, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : hand-colored etchings ; sheets end-to-end 15 x 335 cm, rolled (in boxwood case) to 15 x 7 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT737 .D54 1822 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Humorous panoramic view of men's fashions with captions.
Title from original decorated boxwood drum dated 1823. Imprint from panorama, dated 1822.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 491
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original boxwood drum with engraved label.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Caricatures and cartoons.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Fashion -- Great Britain -- Humor.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
Panoramas -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.