Going, going ... gone! / verse by Richard Price ; illustrations by Ron King.
- Seagrass, Bosham, West Sussex, England : Published by Circle Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 7 folded leaves in portfolio : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 26Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This A-G bestiary with a collection of 7 illustrated poems ... was published to highlight the problem of 7 creatures which are daily being maltreated and are on the point of disappearing or have 'Gone!'. The printing technique used in this book, of blind emboss and colour, is new to the artist and therefore experimental. Limited to 30 copies with 5 proofs, the letterpress was carried out at Bignor Park, Sussex; set in Bembo by Joanna Mersey and printed together with the artist onto various coloured rag made papers by Khadi, Chilgrove, Sussex."--Colophon.
"Warning: The colour of the Khadi Indian paper in this book is fugitive and pages should not be exposed to strong daylight."--Printed slip, laid in.
The blind embossed images were printed relief from sawn and engraved masonite and wire
The seven embossed sheets are enclosed within a paper portfolio of orange paper, onto which the title page is printed. Issued in a gray slip-case, with red folder (also bearing the title and the illustration of a butterfly).
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 17 of 30, signed by Richard Price and Ron King. In original slipcase and fine paper wrapper. The wrapper is numbered (17), bears the red ink stamp of Circle Press, and is inscribed to the Yale Center for British Art. With original printed slip bearing warning about the Khadi Indian paper. Accompanied by the publisher's original prospectus for this work, also printed on Khadi Indian paper (cataloged separately: Folio A 2013 26 prospectus). The prospectus features the embossed illustration of the dodo (with verse).
- Subject Terms:
- Animal welfare -- Poetry.Animals -- Pictorial works.Extinct animals.Extinction (Biology)
- Alphabet books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.