The adventures of General Beauregard and his charger : in four parts : illustrated.
- Philadelphia : Samuel C. Upham, 310 Chesnut Street, Phila., 1861.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : wood engraving with letterpress ; 20 x 20 cm, folded to 7 x 7 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE467.1.B38 A38 1861Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: title panel detached.
A folding comic puzzle in shape of a cross in which the heads of Confederate General P.G.T. Beauregard and a donkey switch bodies. An example of mass of anti-Beauregard material published in the north after the outbreak of hostilities leading to Civil War.
- Subject Terms:
- Beauregard, G. T. (Gustave Toutant), 1818-1893 -- Military service.Beauregard, G. T. (Gustave Toutant), 1818-1893.Caricatures and cartoons -- United States.Confederate States of America. Army -- Officers -- Caricatures and cartoons.Donkeys.United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Art and the war.United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Caricatures and cartoons.United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Military leadership -- Confederate.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
Wood engravings -- 1861.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.