Encore une crinoline! [graphic].
- [France] : [publisher not identified], [1860?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : hand-colored engravings ; sheets end-to-end 7 x 172 cm, rolled (in case) to 7 x 4 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2075 .E53 1860 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from publisher's printed label on cloth case.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Caricature of the fashion of the Second Empire.
A similar item, with identical title but a different set of images, is recorded at the Bibliothèque nationale de France. See: http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530247627.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 616
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original cloth case, with printed title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Caricatures and cartoons.Crinolines -- Humor.Fashion -- France -- Humor.France -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
Panoramas -- France.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.