The Amazons : a novel / by Ivor Bannet ; engravings by Clifford Webb.
- London : Printed and published in England by the Golden Cockerel Press, 1948.
- Physical Description:
- 252,  pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6003.A66 A43 1948+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The Amazons has been designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, Poland Street, London, in Poliphilus type, with Centaur initials, on Arnold's mould-made paper. Composition and presswork under the supervision of F.J. Newbery at the Chiswick Press. Compositors: V. Green and F. Danzfuss. Pressman: J. Bierman. The maps were drawn by Mina Greenhill. The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies. Nos. 1-80 will be specially bound by Sangorski and Sutcliffe under the supervision of Stanley Bray."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 181
BEIN 2013 +526: No. 289. Binder's stamp: S. & S., London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 80 of 500, the first 80 of which were specially bound in gilt-stamped brown morocco by Sangorski and Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Bannet, Ivor -- Autograph.English fiction.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Webb, Clifford -- Autograph.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1948.
Binders' stamps (Binding) -- Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.