Three micromodels of British made fighter bombers [model] : 1. "Whirlwind" 2. "Beaufighter" 3. "Mosquito".
- London : Micromodels, Ltd., 
- Physical Description:
- 6 cards : col. ill. ; 10 x 14 cm + in paper envelope.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .M53 1943 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The Micromodels line was invented by Geoffrey Heighway.
At head of title: Three dimensional volumetric.
"Series F. Set no 1".
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed paper envelope. Imperfect: one piece on the second sheet for the Mosquito missing. Uncut and unassembled.
Micromodels of three British made fighter bombers: 1. Westland Whirlwind -- 2. Bristol Beaufighter -- 3. de Haviland Mosquito. Pieces for the models are printed on 6 cards (each 10 x 14 cm)--two cards for each airplane--to be cut out and assembled. The cards are enveloped in an illustrated wrapper, the back of which includes detailed "constructional notes".
- Subject Terms:
- Air power -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Airplanes -- Models.Airplanes, Military -- Great Britain -- Design and construction.Airplanes, Military -- Great Britain.Bombers -- Design and construction.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Great Britain. Royal Air Force -- History -- 20th century.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.