Ordnance survey of Scotland / engraved at the Ordnance Map Office, Southampton, under the direction of Capts. J. Cameron, and W.D. Gosset R.E., the outline by W. Pybus, the writing by C. Smith, the water by J.C. Peake.
- Southampton : Published by Lt. Colonel James, ... Superintendent, 1856-1882.
- Physical Description:
- 131 maps ; each 46 x 61 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5740 .O4c Sco+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:63,360 : 1 in. to 1 statute mile.
- Title, statement of responsibility, and imprint from sheet 1. Description based on the digitized copy at the National Library of Scotland (http://maps.nls.uk/view/74487491).
Relief by contours and spot heights; shows water, roads, railways, principal buildings, woods, boundaries and names of parishes and counties; graphic index to adjoining sheets, and to the 6 inch maps included in the sheet.
With two-sheet index.
BAC: British Art Center copy (131 maps) dissected and mounted on linen. All imprints and other letters outside the borders have been trimmed off. The maps can be identified as first printings by the hachuing of relief features, which was was to be replaced by contours on the revised versions.
- Subject Terms:
- Scotland -- Maps.Scotland -- Surveys -- Maps.
- Topographic maps -- Scotland.
Engravings -- 1858-1862.
YCBA Collections Search
Great Britain. Ordnance Survey, Ordnance survey of Scotland , 1856-1882
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.