IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Crystal Palace Company (Sydenham, London, England), Crystal Palace season ticket, 1855, 
Crystal Palace season ticket, 1855.
- London : Bradbury & Evans, engravers, Whitefriars, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 admission ticket ; 47 x 86 mm, in folded wallet 55 x 92 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687.C9 C79 1855 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Full Orbis Record:
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Season ticket for admission to Crystal Palace, 1855 ("available till 30 April 1856"). No. 21921, signed by Charles Carrington (the ticket holder). All text is engraved, with printing on both sides, the rules of use on the reverse. In contemporary calf wallet, with blue silk lining.
"This ticket is available till April 1856. It admits the proprietor to the palace and park whenever they are open to the public, but not at other times. The proprietor must sign his name on the face of the ticket before presenting it and also in a book at the door whenever required so to do. The ticket must be shewn whenever he enters the palace and when asked for by the savants of the Crystal Palace Company. If presented by another than the person who signed it it will be forfeited. Ticket lost cannot be replaced. The bearer of this ticket is bound to observe all the rules made from time to time by the directors for the regulation of visitors."--Verso.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- England -- London -- 19th century.Carrington, Charles.Crystal Palace (Sydenham, London, England)London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Admission tickets.
Engravings -- 1855.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.