Bailie Nicol Javie Hotel (Aberfoyle, Scotland), Bailie Nicol Javie Hotel, Aberfoyle, [188-?]
Bailie Nicol Javie Hotel, Aberfoyle.
- [Aberfoyle, Scotland] : Duncan Campbell & Son, [188-?]
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : illustrations ; 15 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Ho 5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed on manilla card. Photomechanical print in blue of the hotel on front and back cover.
"On the banks of the River Forth, and commanding a magnificent view up the Pass of Aberfoyle to Ben Lomand."
"Within two minutes walk of North British Railway Station, Aberfoyle, and Post and Telegraph Offices."
"Golf (in neighbourhood), tennis, billiards. Boating on Loch Ard. Excellent fishing on Lochs Ard, Dhu, and Chon. Boats let at the Hotel."
"The drives in the neighbourhood, in scenes of "The Lady of the Lake" and Romances of Sir Walter Scott, are unsurpassed in any part of the Scottish Highlands."
"J. Blair, Proprietor."
Prices for accomodations and meals on page 
"Parties boarded per week, except during August."
"Popular drives and walks to scenes of "The Lady of the Lake" and Romance of "Rob Roy."--Page 3.
"The hotel has just been completely rebuilt and refurnished in modern style. View of the hotel from the East, with Craig More and Ben Lomond."--Page 
- Subject Terms:
- Bailie Nicol Javie Hotel (Aberfoyle, Scotland)Duncan Campbell & Son -- Printer.Hotels -- Scotland -- Aberfoyle.Tourism -- Scotland -- Aberfoyle.Travel -- Scotland -- Aberfoyle.
Photomechanical prints -- 1880.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.