Engelbrecht, Martin, 1684-1756, [Harvest landscape] , [Germany],
- [Harvest landscape] / M. Eng. exc. A.V.
- [Germany], [ca. 1720-1750]
- Physical Description:
- 1 peep show (6 prints mounted on cardboard) : hand-colored etchings ; sheets 10 x 16, 12 cm deep when spaced
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDD901.A1 H37 1720Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The peepshow comprises six hand-colored, cut-out prints. When properly spaced, the prints depict a havest scene in three dimensions.
By Martin Engelbrecht, creator of a number of peepshows in the early 18th century. The present work is probably the same listed as item 287 ("Fall") in Stafford's Devices of wonder.
Title devised by cataloger.
Stafford, B.M. Devices of wonder, 287
BAC: British Art Center copy prints are mounted, at each corner, to accordion folded strips of paper (not contemporary).
- Subject Terms:
- Agriculture -- Germany -- Pictorial works.Germany -- Pictorial works.Harvesting -- Germany -- Pictorial works.Peep shows -- Specimens.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1720-1750.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.