IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
100 neueste Charakter-Bilder =, [approximately 1865?]
100 neueste Charakter-Bilder = 100 new character-pictures = Nuovas imagenes caracteristicas = Nouvelles images caracteristicas.
- Additional Title(s):
100 new character-pictures
Nuovas imagenes caracteristicas
Nouvelles images caracteristicas
Hundert neueste Charakter-Bilder
One hundred new character-pictures
- [Germany?] : [publisher not identified], [approximately 1865?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (30 pieces) ; in box 15 x 10 x 2 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .H86 1865Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Issued in a paperboard box, the top of which bears the illustrated title label.
BAC: British Art Center copy complete, except for a partial loss of an arm one of the X-shaped pieces. In publisher's original illustrated box.
Game comprised of 6 puzzles, with interchangeable pieces. Each of the 6 puzzles (hand-colored lithographs, on paper board) consists of a scene depicting a man and a woman, facing eachother. Each scene is cut into five pieces: a large X-shaped central piece, and four half-circle cut-aways, containing: (1) the pair of heads; (2) the torso of the man at left; (3) the torso of the woman at right; (4) the pair of legs. Each half-circle piece may be interchanged with corresponding pieces from other scenes, to create new (and sometimes whimsical) combinations.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Germany -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Germany.Fashion -- Germany.Germany -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Toys -- Germany -- 19th century.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1865.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.