Bringing the arts into the library , 2013
- Bringing the arts into the library / edited by Carol Smallwood.
- Chicago : ALA Editions, an imprint of the American Library Association, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 233 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Reference LibraryZ716.4 .B675 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The Big Write-In : a collaborative outreach event for writers during National Novel Writing Month / Stacey R. Ewing -- Librarian as teacher : teaching a creative writing class in the school library / Robert Craig Bunch -- Poetry corner : collaboration among us / Sue Samson -- Adult literacy programs and art / Sarah Naumann -- Displaying and promoting visual art at the Nashua Public Library / Carol Luers Eyman -- Utilizing student talent to create appealing library posters / Heather Payne -- Visual arts in the academic library / Jennifer Mayer -- Developing regional heritage music collections / Sandra M. Himel and Lance R. Chance -- Making music collections come alive / Greg MacAyeal -- PLM Players : theater arts at the Patchogue-Medford Library / Jeri Weinkrantz Cohen -- A.R.T. : Art Revolution for Teens / Heather Pippin Zabriskie, Natalie Houston, and Vera Gubnitskaia -- Children in a research library? : creative projects for K-12 students at the Rakow Research Library of the Corning Museum of Glass / Regan Brumagen and Beth Hylen -- Gilpin County Public Library arts programs / Larry Grieco -- The library as canvas : Library Larry's Big Day / Kerol Harrod -- Art works : strengthening downtown with library-arts partnerships / Elizabeth Goldman and Sara Wedell -- Behind the scenes : the legal and contractual aspects of booking exhibits and presenters in a library / Nora Quinlan and Sarah Cisse -- Collaboration as outreach in the 21st century academic library / Allan Cho -- Java City : developing a successful cultural center / Jack G. Montgomery -- Raising money to support the arts in your public library / Florence F. Caddell -- Where to find programming ideas, resources for the arts online / ALA Public Programs Office.
- Subject Terms:
- Libraries -- Cultural programs -- United States -- Case studies.Libraries and community -- United States -- Case studies.Library outreach programs -- United States -- Case studies.