London & North Western Railway [graphic] : Royal Train 1844 : Royal Train 1897.
- [London] : [publisher not identified], [1897?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on three joined sheets : hand-colored lithograph : sheets end -to-end 32 x 150 cm, folded to 32 x 51 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 43Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from top of middle sheet.
BAC: British Art Center copy is Queen Victoria's own copy of the artist's conception of the 1897 royal train. Bound in modern navy gilt-tooled morocco with of the royal arms above "VR."
An illustration juxtaposing the London and North-Western Railway Royal Train of 1844 (4 cars) above that of 1897 (14 cars).
- Subject Terms:
- Kings and rulers -- Great Britain -- Travel.London and North-Western Railway -- History.London and North-Western Railway -- Pictorial works.Princes -- Great Britain -- Travel.Princesses -- Great Britain -- Travel.Queens -- Great Britain -- Travel.Railroads -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Royal houses -- Great Britain -- Travel.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Provenance.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Travel.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1897.
Armorial bindings (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.