Simmons, Owen, author, The book of bread , [approximately 1903]
- The book of bread / by Owen Simmons, F.C.S. (Owen and Owen).
- Edition de luxe.
- London : Maclaren & Sons, [approximately 1903]
Edinburgh : Printed by Turnbull & Spears
- Physical Description:
- 360 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTX769 .S56 1903+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. Kraus, Jr.Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Pages 322-360 include the index, advertising matter, and a list of subscribers to the 'edition de luxe'.
"The loaves are now produced photographically correct, of exactly full size, and the colours are as nearly perfect as it is possible for them to be by any process at present known."--Page 12.
Illustrations comprise 12 chromolithographed plates, 8 tipped-in photographic plates, 2 tipped-in original silver gelatin photographic prints (one with a vertical crease at inside edge), and 6 further images within the text.
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound in publisher's original green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Baked products.Bread -- Microbiology.Bread.
- Chromolithographs -- 1903.
Gelatin silver prints.
Lithographs -- 1903.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.