An illustrated record of important events in the annals of Europe, during the years 1812, 1813, 1814, & 1815 : comprising a series of views of Paris, Moscow, the Kremlin, Dresden, Berlin, the battles of Leipsic, etc. etc. etc. : together with a history of those momentous transactions.
- London : Printed by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, for R. Bowyer, Marlborough Place, Pall Mall 1815.
- Physical Description:
- , 30-76,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 51 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 46 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Sometimes attributed to Thomas Hartwell Horne.
"Biographical notices of the sovereigns, warriors and statesmen who have eminently signalised themselves in the campaigns of Moscow, Leipsic, France and Waterloo":  pages (second group).
The Yale Center for British Art copy has laid in "Mr. Bowyer's address to the patrons of his work ...the remaining part of his illustrated record," (1 page), in which Bowyer promises "to furnish his subscribers, gratis, with an historical narrative of the important events which, is is easy perceive, will take place in the course of the present year ..." Presumably, Bowyer refers to the work he published in 1816 as The campaign of Waterloo (Abbey Life 354, 355).
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 353
BAC: British Art Center Abbey copy has laid in "Mr. Bowyer's address to the patrons of his work ...the remaining part of his illustrated record." Also has laid in Bowyer's lithographed prospectus for the present work (in the manner of a handwritten letter), completed in manuscript to Revd. Mr. Ford, Northgate, Norwich. Bound in publisher's original boards, with printed title label on front cover. Cased with: The triumphs of Europe in the campaigns of the years 1812, 1813, 1814 (Abbey Life 353 -- Folio A 2013 46a); and The campaign of Waterloo. London : Printed by T. Bansley and Son ... for Robert Bowyer, 1816. (Abbey Life 354 -- Folio A 2013 46c).
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- Biography.Europe -- Description and travel.Europe -- History -- 1789-1815 -- Pictorial works.Europe -- History -- 1789-1815.Napoleon I, Emperor of the French, 1769-1821 -- Campaigns.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815.
YCBA Collections Search
An illustrated record of important events in the annals of Europe, during the years 1812, 1813, 1814, & 1815 , 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.