My secret corridor / Chisato Tamabayashi.
- [London?] : Chisato Tamabayashi, 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.T34 M9 2005+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Includes an excerpt from Kenji Miyazawa's "Single tree field."
"This is a book of hand-cut pages that can be read from front to back and vice versa. A Japanese book begins where an English book ends. But my book begins with a Japanese poem and ends with an English translation. The reader, whether English or Japanese, therefore, begins the book without understanding, an understanding that only comes at the end, after a journey through the forest."--Artist's statement.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Corridors -- Pictorial works.Forest canopies -- Pictorial works.Leaves -- Pictorial works.Trees -- Pictorial works.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.