Rook, Anne, A book of sixteen pears, 2013
- A book of sixteen pears.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Eight
- [London] : M.M. Visual Catering, 2013.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 16 x 128 cm, folded to 16 x 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.R66 B67 2013Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- An accordion-folded book. One side of the strip illustrates 16 varieties of pears. The reverse provides the summary of Rook's pear survey, and reproduces labels from her "collection of pears, 2000 to 2013."
"Supermarket culture and Jeremy Bentham's principle of utility: a visual wondering about growing, collecting, and eating pears ... An email [survey] with 2 questions: which varieties of pear can you name; and of these, which ones can you find easily in local shops and supermarkets? ... Only 16 varieties of pears were named by more than one person."--Pages - of text.
"Archival inkjet print on drawing paper. Epson UltraChrome K3 on Hahnemuhle Matt Fine Art Paper. Printed canvas end covers."--Artist's website.
Limited edition of 20 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 5 of 20.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentham, Jeremy, 1748-1832.Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.MM Visual Catering -- Publisher.Pears -- Pictorial works.Supermarkets.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.