Kilburn, John Dunbar, The golden plaice , 2012
- The golden plaice / by John Dunbar Kilburn.
- [Cornwall, England] : John Dunbar Kilburn, 2012.
- Physical Description:
-  pages (some folded) : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K54 G65 2012 (Cabinet H)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View digital images of a selection of images from Golden plaice no. 6, made for the Yale Center for British, on the artist's website
- "The Golden Plaice is a hand made pop up book made using a mixture of screen printed imagery, pencil drawings and typography. Each book takes me about a week to make. It is inspired by nonsense literature and Cornwall's wonderfully diverse sea life. I made screen prints of the characters from my original drawings which were then scanned, printed, cut out and assembled!"--Artist's website.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped green cloth. Signed, dated (2013), and numbered (6) by the artist, in blue.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Cornwall (England : County)Crustacea -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Fishes -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Marine animals -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Pop-up books -- Specimens.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Pop-up books.
Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.