A new and comprehensive gazetteer of England and Wales : presenting under each article respectively, the population of the towns and parishes, according to the census of 1831, and the state of the elective franchise, as fixed by the provision of the Reform Bill / by James Bell, author of Critical researches in geography-a system of geography, popular and scientific-and editor of Rollin's ancient history ; illustrated by a series of maps, forming a complete county atlas of England.
- Glasgow : Published by Archibald Fullarton, & Co., 34, Hutcheson Street, MDCCCXXXIII-MDCCCXXXIV [1833-1834]
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA640 .B45 1833Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Enravings by Robert Scott, Gray & Son, and J. Neele & Co.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth. Ink stamp on title page: Rowdon College. Library. Bound at front of volume 2 is "Extracts from reviews of Bell's gazetteer of England and Wales," and the letterpress title page of A system of geography (Glasgow : A. Fullarton & Co., 1833).
- Subject Terms:
- Archibald Fullarton, & Co. -- Publisher.England -- Description and travel.England -- Gazetteers.Rowdon College. Library -- Stamp.Wales -- Description and travel.Wales -- Gazetteers.
- Engravings -- 1833-1834.
Steel engravings -- 1833-1834.
YCBA Collections Search
Bell, James, 1769-1833, A new and comprehensive gazetteer of England and Wales , MDCCCXXXIII-MDCCCXXXIV [1833-1834]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.