- Midlothian : Jane Hyslop, 2010.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations : 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.H97 E97 2010Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Artist's book, by Jane Hyslop.
"In June 2010 I made my first visit to Cylinders, Elterwater near Ambleside. This is a special pocket of land which Harry Pierce, a landscape gardener, bought in 1942 and embarked on an experiment where he aimed to create an estate in miniature. ... The images that follow give a sense of this garden, as it is in 2010. During his exile from Nazi Germany Kurt Schwitters spent some time in the Lake District and became a friend of Harry Pierce. He worked on his final Merzbau project, the Merzbarn at Cylinders, which still stands today ..."--Page 
"Printed in an edition of 50 copies on Prescia Book and Lambeth Cartridge."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of 50. Signed and numbered by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Scotland.Gardens -- Scotland -- Midlothian.Landscape photography -- Scotland.Pierce, Harry, 1885-1966.Schwitters, Kurt, 1887-1948.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.