[Four sporting prints].
- [London] : Printed for John Bowles & Son, at the Black Horse in Cornhil, [between 1754 and 1764]
- Physical Description:
- 4 prints : engravings ; plate marks 18 x 28 cm, on sheets 23 x 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 51Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title supplied by cataloger.
John Bowles & Son were working at this address from 1754 to 1764. See Maxted, London book trades.
Engravings not signed.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Prospects of the most remarkable places in and about the citty of London, neatly engraved. London : Printed & sold by Hen. Overton at ye White Horse without Newgate, 1739-1753. The volume bound in contemporary gilt-tooled mottled calf; with gilt edges. Armorial bookplates: Hermann Marx; Coningsby Disraeli Esq., M.P.; Sir William Augustus Fraser of Ledeclune and Morar Baronet.
- Subject Terms:
- Disraeli, Coningsby -- Bookplate.Fraser, William Augustus, Sir -- Bookplate.Horse sports -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Hunting -- England -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Maxx, Hermann -- Bookplate.Sporting prints, English -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1739-1753.
- Going out in the morning = Le sortie des chasseurs au matin
- Beating & trailing for a hare = L'action de trainer & abatre les buissons pour de loge le lievre
- The chase = La chase
- The death = La mort.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.