We used to talk about love , c2013
We used to talk about love : balnaves contemporary : photomedia / edited by Natasha Bullock.
- Sydney, N.S.W. : Art Gallery of New South Wales, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- 185,  p. : ill., ports., facisms. ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryNX650.E46 W48 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Balnaves Foundation Project.
Catalogue of an exhibition at the Art Gallery of New South Wales, 31 January-21 April 2013. This exhibition presents 11 artists working across photomedia, covering or combining photography, video, multimedia installation, collage and sculpture.
Includes 'essays by Lily Hibberd and Vigen Galstyan, a work of fiction by Gail Jones , and indivual text on each of the artists written by Gallery curators as well as artists and academics involved in the field.' -- p.5.
Includes bibliographical references.
From a conversation between four friends, to couples embracing, to a star-gazing young man crumbling before your eyes, We Used to Talk About Love contemplates the diverse terrain of love - joy and elation, sex and flesh, desire and rejection, crushing endings, melancholia and memory, nostalgia and loss. Exhibition at AGNSW, 31 January - April 2013.
- Subject Terms:
- Emotions in art -- Exhibitions.Installations (Art) -- Australia -- Exhibitions.Love in art -- Exhibitions.Multimedia (Art) -- Exhibitions.Photography, Artistic -- Exhibitions.Video art -- Australia -- Exhibitions.
- We used to talk about love and photography / Natasha Bullock
- To begin with the flesh. Polly Borland / Daniel Mudie Cunningham ; Paul Knight / Vigen Galstyan ; Angelica Mesiti / Joel Mu
- Expressive abstractions. Darren Sylvester / Adam Jasper ; David Rosetzky / Mark Feary
- An archive of feeling. David Noonan / Macushla Robinson ; Eliza Hutchison / Lisa Slade ; Justene Williams / Anneke Jaspers
- Filthy, crushing, ending. Glenn Sloggett / Vigen Galstyan ; Grant Stevens / Anneke Jaspers ; Tim Silver / Tanya Peterson
- Tough (the births of Walt Whitman) / Gail Jones
- Roland Barthes, the amorous discourse of the camera and its subject : contemplations of A lover's discourse and Camera lucida / Lily Hibberd
- Abracadabra : conjuring love's body in cinema / Vigen Galstyan.