We used to talk about love , c2013
We used to talk about love : balnaves contemporary : photomedia / edited by Natasha Bullock.
- Sydney, N.S.W. : Art Gallery of New South Wales, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- 185,  p. : ill., ports., facisms. ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryNX650.E46 W48 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Balnaves Foundation Project.
Catalogue of an exhibition at the Art Gallery of New South Wales, 31 January-21 April 2013. This exhibition presents 11 artists working across photomedia, covering or combining photography, video, multimedia installation, collage and sculpture.
Includes 'essays by Lily Hibberd and Vigen Galstyan, a work of fiction by Gail Jones , and indivual text on each of the artists written by Gallery curators as well as artists and academics involved in the field.' -- p.5.
Includes bibliographical references.
From a conversation between four friends, to couples embracing, to a star-gazing young man crumbling before your eyes, We Used to Talk About Love contemplates the diverse terrain of love - joy and elation, sex and flesh, desire and rejection, crushing endings, melancholia and memory, nostalgia and loss. Exhibition at AGNSW, 31 January - April 2013.
- Subject Terms:
- Emotions in art -- Exhibitions.Installations (Art) -- Australia -- Exhibitions.Love in art -- Exhibitions.Multimedia (Art) -- Exhibitions.Photography, Artistic -- Exhibitions.Video art -- Australia -- Exhibitions.
- We used to talk about love and photography / Natasha Bullock
- To begin with the flesh. Polly Borland / Daniel Mudie Cunningham ; Paul Knight / Vigen Galstyan ; Angelica Mesiti / Joel Mu
- Expressive abstractions. Darren Sylvester / Adam Jasper ; David Rosetzky / Mark Feary
- An archive of feeling. David Noonan / Macushla Robinson ; Eliza Hutchison / Lisa Slade ; Justene Williams / Anneke Jaspers
- Filthy, crushing, ending. Glenn Sloggett / Vigen Galstyan ; Grant Stevens / Anneke Jaspers ; Tim Silver / Tanya Peterson
- Tough (the births of Walt Whitman) / Gail Jones
- Roland Barthes, the amorous discourse of the camera and its subject : contemplations of A lover's discourse and Camera lucida / Lily Hibberd
- Abracadabra : conjuring love's body in cinema / Vigen Galstyan.