Donegal Bay / Norman Ackroyd.
- [Yorkshire] : [Norman Ackroyd], 2013.
Yorkshire : Neil Woodall, 
- Physical Description:
- 10 prints : aquatints ; sheets 23 x 36 cm, in box 26 x 38 cm and  pages ; 23 x 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 4Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A set of ten etchings of landscapes depicting Donegal Bay, Ireland. The interior of the accompanying solander box includes an etched map of the region, in which the places depicted by Ackroyd are noted.
"The ten etchings are published in editions of 90 with 2 exhibition proofs and 2 printers' proofs. Numbers 1-50 and the proofs are collated into boxed sets ... The etchings are printed by Neil Woodall in Yorkshire from copper plates etched by the artist. The paper is 280 gsm Somerset rag from St. Cuthbert's Mill, Somerset, England. The solander box is built by Smith-Settle in Yorkshire. Typography and letterpress by Niamh Clancy."--Colophon.
"Verse of two 'Instructions to a saintly poet' by Douglas Dunn is reproduced by kind permission of the poet. Special thanks to Brian McGilloway of Killibegs, for landing me safely on Rathlin O'Birne and Inishmurray and conveying me to the extreme points of Donegal Bay."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of the 50 boxed sets. Each etching is titled, numbered ("8/50"), signed, and dated by Ackroyd, in graphite. In original solander box.
- Subject Terms:
- Donegal Bay (Ireland) -- Maps.Donegal Bay (Ireland) -- Pictorial works.Woodall, Neil -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 2013.
- 1. Port Bay
- 2. Sturall
- 3. Glen Bay
- 4. Rathlin O'Birne
- 5. Slieve League
- 6. Inishmurray
- 7. Benbulben from Inishmurray
- 8. Downpatrick Head
- 9. Pig Island
- 10. The Stags of Broadhaven.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.