Robins, Claire, Curious lessons in the museum , 2013
Curious lessons in the museum : the pedagogic potential of artists' interventions / Claire Robins.
- Farnham, Surrey, UK ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 241 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryN410 .R63 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 217-234) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art museums -- Environmental aspects.Art museums -- Exhibitions.Artists and museums.Museum techniques.
- Shifting priorities for learning in the museum
- Historical tracings of artists' interventions in the early twentieth century
- Historical tracings of artists' interventions in the mid-twentieth century
- Humour, irony and parody in artists' interventions
- Jokers, tricksters and the parafictional
- An elite experience for everyone : a case study intervention at the William Morris Gallery, London
- The role of artists' interventions in opening up micro, counter and affective narratives in museum interpretation
- Artists' interventions and the reflexive museum : addressing difference
- The affable interventionists.