Series of views of the public buildings and bridges in London and its environs / from drawings taken on the spot by R. Havell, Jun.
- London : Published by Messrs. Colnaghi and Co., Cockspur Street, and R. Havell and Son, Chapel Street, Tottenham Court Road, 
[London] : G. Havell, Printer, Tottenham Court Road, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 12 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 34 x 48 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 13 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 13 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates signed: "Drawn & engraved by Robt. Havell & Son."
With titles in English and French at bottom of each plate.
Plates are dated 1820 or 1821.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 1604-1851, 133
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 220
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Unbound sheets. Lacks the three leaves of descriptive letterpress. Duplicate numbering of plates 7 and 8: no. 1-6, 7, 7, 8, 8, 11-12.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 plate 1 is misnumbered 2 and the text descriptions for plates 1 and 2 are reversed as well as the description of plates 5 and 6. Bound in contemporary quarter leather and marbled boards. Label on front pastedown: "Francesco Prato, legatore di libri, tiene carta, libri, oggetti di cancelleria, tappezzerie in carta, e fabbrica d'inchiostro. Torino, Via di Borgo Nuovo, no. 14."
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- London.Havell, G. -- Printer.Landscapes -- England -- London.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.London (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
- A view of London taken from Greenwich Park = Vue de Londres prise du parc de Greenwich
- A view of London Bridge and Custom House = Vue du Pont de Londres et de la Douane
- A view of Southwark Bridge = Vue du Pont de Southwark
- A view of Blackfriars Bridge & St. Pauls = Vue du Pont de Blackfriars et de la Cathédrale de St. Paul
- A view of Westminster Bridge and Lambeth Palace = Vue du Pont de Westminster et du Palais de Lambeth
- View of Waterloo Bridge = Vue du Pont de Waterloo
- View of the Horse Guards & Melburn House, taken from St. James's Park = Vue du 'Horse-Guards' et de la Melburne House, prise du parc de St. Jacques
- View of Vauxhall Bridge = Vue du Pont de Vauxhall
- View of Somerset House = Vue de Somerset House
- View of the Tower of London and the Mint = Vue de la Tour de Londres et de la Monnoie
- View of Westminster Abbey & St. Margarets Church = Vue de l'Abbaie de Westminster et de l'Eglise de Ste. Marguerite
- View of the House of Lords and Commons fron Old Palace Yard = Vue de la Chambre de Pairs et celle des communes prise de la Cour du Palais.