View of the Tower of London and the Mint = Vue de la Tour de Londres et de la Monnoie / drawn & engraved by Robt. Havell & Son.
- Additional Title(s):
Vue de la Tour de Londres et de la Monnoie
- London : Published by F. West, 83 Fleet Street, [between 1829 and 1847]
- Physical Description:
- 1 printing plate : copper ; 29 x 40 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 14aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Previously housed with: R. Havell & Son. Series of views of the public buildings and bridges in London and its environs, 1821 (YCBA Folio A 2014 14).
Original copper plate by Robert Havell & Son for a print initially published in Series of views of the public buildings and bridges in London and its environs (London : Colnaghi and Co., 1820-1821; Abbey Scenery 220). In the present condition of the plate, the original imprint ("London. Published June 1821 by Messrs Colnaghi & Co. Cockspur Street") has been effaced and replaced with the undated imprint of Francis West. No other substantial changes are evident, and the top corner still bears the plate number of the original work ("Pl. 10."). It is not clear if the print, as published by West, was included in the same series of views, published at a later date. West (noted most as an optician and maker of scientific instruments) was active at 83 Fleet Street from 1829 to 1847.
- Subject Terms:
- Aquatint, English.Copperplates -- Specimens.Great Britain. Royal Mint -- Pictorial works.Tower of London (London, England) -- Pictorial works.
- Printing plates.
YCBA Collections Search
R. Havell & Son, View of the Tower of London and the Mint = Vue de la Tour de Londres et de la Monnoie , [between 1829 and 1847]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.