A collection of views of gentlemen's seats, castles, and romantick places, in North Wales / drawn and engraved by eminent artists.
- [London] : Published by John and Josiah Boydell, in Cheapside; and at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall-Mall, 1792.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 16 leaves of plates : ill. ; 43 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA730 .C65 1792+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by W.C. Wilson and William Watts; after Moses Griffith, John Ingleby, and Thomas Sandby
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 393
BEIN: Two plates of Dogmersfield park (J. Landseer after W.S. Gilpin; dated 1808) inserted at end.
English short title catalogue, N28006
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original grey paper covered boards, white paper spine. Small paper copy: 23 x 31 cm.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Wales, North -- Early works to 1800.Aristocracy (Social class) -- Wales -- Homes and haunts.Country homes -- Wales -- Early works to 1800.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1792.Great Britain -- Historic buildings -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Historic buildings -- Wales, North -- Early works to 1800.John and Josiah Boydell -- Publisher.Wales -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Wales, North -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- Mostyn Hall
- Greenfield Brass MIlls
- Copper works near Holywell
- Cotton works near Holywell, Flintshire
- Llewenni Hall
- Llewenni Hall bleach works at Llewenni
- Duffryn Alled
- Distant view of Rudland Castle, church bridge & harbour, Flintshire
- Greenfield Hall.