A collection of views of gentlemen's seats, castles, and romantick places, in North Wales , 1792
- A collection of views of gentlemen's seats, castles, and romantick places, in North Wales / drawn and engraved by eminent artists.
- [London] : Published by John and Josiah Boydell, in Cheapside; and at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall-Mall, 1792.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 16 leaves of plates : ill. ; 43 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA730 .C65 1792+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by W.C. Wilson and William Watts; after Moses Griffith, John Ingleby, and Thomas Sandby
BEIN: Two plates of Dogmersfield park (J. Landseer after W.S. Gilpin; dated 1808) inserted at end.
ESTC (RLIN), N28006
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 393
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original grey paper covered boards, white paper spine. Small paper copy: 23 x 31 cm.
- Mostyn Hall -- Downing -- Greenfield Brass MIlls -- Copper works near Holywell -- Cotton works near Holywell, Flintshire -- Llewenni Hall -- Llewenni Hall bleach works at Llewenni -- Duffryn Alled -- Wrexham -- Gloddaeth -- Distant view of Rudland Castle, church bridge & harbour, Flintshire -- Llanerck -- Diganwy -- Greenfield Hall.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Wales, North -- Early works to 1800.Aristocracy (Social class) -- Wales -- Homes and haunts.Country homes -- Wales -- Early works to 1800.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1792.Great Britain -- Historic buildings -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Historic buildings -- Wales, North -- Early works to 1800.John and Josiah Boydell -- Publisher.Wales -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Wales, North -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.