Man and time , 1957
Man and time / Henry Corbin ... [et al.].
- New York : Pantheon, 1957.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 414 p., iv p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryFounder''s RoomAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- These papers were originally published in French or German in Eranos-Jahrbucher XVII (1949) and XX (1951) by Rhein-Verlag, Zurich, Switzerland'. T.p. verso.
Translated by Ralph Manheim except for C.G. Jung's paper which was translated by R.F.C. Hull.
Includes bibliography, appendices, and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Time -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.Time.
- Art and time / Erich Neumann
- Gnosis and time / Henri-Charles Puech
- Time and history in patristic Christianity / Gilles Quispel
- Time in Islamic thought / Louis Massignon
- Cyclical time in Mazdaism and Ismailism / Henry Corbin
- Time and eternity in Indian thought / Mircea Eliade
- On synchronicity / C.G. Jung
- The concept of time in the Book of changes / Hellmut Wilhelm
- On the relation of time to death / Helmuth Plessner
- Transformation of science in our age / Max Knoll
- Time in the life of the organism / Adolf Portmann
- Primordial time and final time / G. van der Leeuw.