Birds of America : 2010 supplement.
- Additional Title(s):
Birds of America: redacted
- Pocket edition 2011.
- [San Francisco] : [Billy O'Callaghan], 2011.
- Physical Description:
- [20 pages] : color illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.O23 B57 2010a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Mark Aronson in memory of Gladys GloverAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Limited edition of 500 copies.
Tête-bêche format. Two titles, bound head-to-toe, in one paper cover. Titles transcribed from both "front" covers.
Issued in a manila folder, with label reading "Studio edition- full photographic color digital pigment print on super heavy weight matte paper, bound with double stick tape, archival staples, stainless steel & magic."
An "update" to Audubon's Birds of America; the supplement features illustrations of cultural "birds," such as flipping the bird, hand turkey, rubber ducky, Big Bird, Tweety Bird, etc. The redacted version shows blacked-out images of six birds that have become extinct.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- United States.Audubon, John James, 1785-1851. Birds of America.Birds -- United States.Extinct birds -- North America.
- Tête-bêche binding.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.