Birds of America : 2010 supplement.
- Additional Title(s):
Birds of America: redacted
- Studio edition.
- [San Francisco] : [Billy O'Callaghan], 2010.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : color illlustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.O23 B57 2010+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Mark Aronson in memory of Gladys GloverAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tête-bêche format. Two titles, bound head-to-toe, in one paper cover. Titles transcribed from both "front" covers.
Issued in a manila folder, with label reading "Studio edition- full photographic color digital pigment print on super heavy weight matte paper, bound with double stick tape, archival staples, stainless steel & magic."
Described on the artist's website as a "double reared edition," with "full photographic color digital pigment print on super heavyweight matte paper, bound with archival tape and stainless steel staples, edition of 200."
An "update" to Audubon's Birds of America; the supplement features illustrations of cultural "birds," such as flipping the bird, hand turkey, rubber ducky, Big Bird, Tweety Bird, etc. The redacted version shows blacked-out images of six birds that have become extinct.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- United States.Audubon, John James, 1785-1851. Birds of America.Birds -- United States.Extinct birds -- North America.
- Tête-bêche binding.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.