Fisher, Jonathan, -1809, Scenery of Ireland , 1795
- Scenery of Ireland : illustrated in a series of prints of select views, castles and abbies / drawn and engraved in aquatinta by Jonathan Fisher ; volume the first containing sixty prints with a letter press description to each.
- London : Published by J. Debrett Piccadilly for the author, no. 39, Great Ship Street, Dublin, 1795.
- Physical Description:
- , page iv, , 6 pages, LX leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 x 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 25 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 25 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Issued between January 1792 and January 1795 in eight parts. A second volume was contemplated, but never issued."--Abbey.
The title page is engraved.
Some of the plates were issued in Dublin.
With a list of subscribers.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 452
ESTC (RLIN), T95658
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in 20th century brown half calf and tan boards. Letterpress title page dated 1792 (with indication "Number I") bound in before first plate. Has bound with it: A description of the lake of Killarney / Jonathan Fisher. Dublin : J. Chambers, 1796.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary gilt-tooled calf. Bookplate of Lord Water Fitz Gerald. Binder's label: Bound by Dillon, Chelsea.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbeys -- Ireland -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Ireland -- Early works to 1800.Castles -- Ireland -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Dillon, -- Bookbinder.Fitz Gerald, Walter, Lord -- Bookplate.Ireland -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- 1795.
Viewbooks -- Ireland -- 1795.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.