Havell, William, 1782-1857, A series of picturesque views of the River Thames , 1818
- A series of picturesque views of the River Thames / from the drawings of Wm. Havell ; dedicated to the Commissioners of the Thames Navigation, by their humble servant Robt. Havell.
- London : Published August 1, 1818, by Thomas McLean, 1818.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : illustrations ; 59 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 9Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Second edition. The first edition was published in 1812 by the engraver, with the imprint: London, Published May 1812 by R. Havell No. 3 Chapel Street Tottenham Court Road."--Abbey
Engraved throughout, including title page.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 433
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates, page 215
Prideaux, S.T. Aquatint engraving, page 265
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary crimson gilt-tooled morocco. On each plate, the signature "Engraved by R. Havell" shows an erasure between the letter "R." and "Havell."
- Oxford, from the Banks of the Isis -- Abingdon Bridge & Church -- Wallingford Castle, taken in 1810 while the bridge was repairing -- Caversham Bridge, near Reading -- View of the Thames at Streatley -- An island on the Thames near Park Place, Oxfordshire -- The Weir, from Marlow Bridge -- Clifden Spring and Woods, near Maiden head -- View of Taplow, from Maidenhead Bridge -- Windsor Castle -- Datchet Ferry, near Windsor -- Staines Church, wih the City Stone on the Banks of the Thames.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England.Thames River (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.