Chart of the West Indies and Spanish Dominions in North America / by A. Arrowsmith, hydrographer to H.R.H. the Prince of Wales ; Jones, Smith & Co., sc. Beaufort buildgs., Strand.
- Additions to 1810.
- London : Published June 1st, 1803, by A. Arrowsmith, No. 10, Soho Square, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 4 sheets : outline colored ; 130 x 146 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 West IndiesYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale approximately 1:2,900,000 -- (W 96°--W 60°/N 33°--N 4°).
- BEIN 89 1803A: Imperfect: slightly torn along folds, with no loss of text. Mounted as two sheets.
Relief shown by hachures; depths by soundings.
Shows settlements, roads, rivers, etc.
Includes descriptive notes.
Tooley, R.V. Mapping of America, p. 106, 89
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- Caribbean Area -- Maps.Central America -- Maps.Florida -- Maps.
YCBA Collections Search
Arrowsmith, Aaron, 1750-1823, Chart of the West Indies and Spanish Dominions in North America , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.