Specimen tints of Winsor & Newton's artists' oil and water colours.
- Additional Title(s):
Specimen tints of artists' oil colours
Washes of modern water colours
- [London] : Winsor & Newton, Rathbone Place, London, W., [between 1880 and 1900?]
- Physical Description:
- 8, 5 leaves : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1492 .W56 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
The first 8 numbered plates contain specimens of oil colors; the second 5 numbered plates contain specimens of water colors.
Each leaf contains 24 labeled color samples, except for the final leaf of specimen tints of artists' oil colours which appears to be complete with 7 color samples.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth. Title and decorative device stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials -- Catalogs.Color -- Terminology -- Catalogs.Color guides.Paint -- Specimens -- Catalogs.Painting -- Specimens -- Catalogs.Watercolor painting -- Specimens -- Catalogs.Winsor & Newton -- Catalogs.
- Trade catalogs -- England -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Winsor & Newton, Specimen tints of Winsor & Newton's artists' oil and water colours, [between 1880 and 1900?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.