Pinnock, William, 1782-1843, A catechism on the practice of painting in oil , 1821 [i.e. 1823]
- A catechism on the practice of painting in oil : with some account of the nature of fresco painting, painting on glass, enamel, encaustic, and crayon painting / by an artist.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Pinnock's catechism of the practice of painting in oils &c
- Third edition.
- London : Printed by Cox and Baylis, Great Queen Street, LIncoln's-Inn-Fields ; for G. and W.B. Whittaker, Ave Maria Lane, 1821 [i.e. 1823]
- Physical Description:
- 71,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1146 .P56 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- By William Pinnock.
At head of title: Pinnock's catechisms.
Added engraved title page: "Pinnock's catechism of the practice of painting in oils, &c. London : Published by G. & W.B. Whittaker ..., 1823."
With a frontispiece portrait of Sir Joshua Reynolds.
"Price nine-pence."--Foot of title page.
Publisher's advertisements:  page at end, and on 3 sides of covers.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Reynolds, Joshua, Sir, 1723-1792.
- Engravings -- 1823.
Questions and answers.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.