Art's master-piece, or, A companion for the ingenious of either sex : in two parts.
- Additional Title(s):
Companion for the ingenious of either sex
- The ninth edition, by C.K.
- Dublin : Printed by R. Jackson, Meath-Street, 1792.
- Physical Description:
- 144 pages : illustrations ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1260 .C5 1792Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- First published in 1697. The author is unidentified but he may have been an acquaintance of Thomas Tryon, to whose "The Way to Get Wealth" reference is made.
English short title catalogue, T222947
With an initial advertisement leaf, 'A list of chapmen's books', the verso of which bears the frontispiece illustration.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary brown plain calf. Inscribed (on p. 144): Th. Holland, Boston (?).
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials -- Early works to 1800.Beauty, Personal -- Early works to 1800.Cosmetics -- Early works to 1800.Glass manufacture -- Early works to 1800.Holland, Thomas -- Autograph.Paint -- Early works to 1800.Painting -- Technique -- Early works to 1800.
- Woodcuts -- 1792.
- I. The art of limning and painting in oil, &c.
- II. The art of making glass of chrystal of all sorts and colours. and other matters worthy of note
- To which are added, many curiosities, and rare secrets, known to few, but very profitable and pleasant.