Gray's Elegy written in a country church-yard / with a foreword by Christopher Sandford ; and eight engravings by Gwenda Morgan.
- Additional Title(s):
Elegy written in a country churchyard
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, McMxlvi 
- Physical Description:
- 19,  pages : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3502 .E5 1946Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This new edition of Gray's Elegy has been edited, designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in Caslon's Old Face type on Arnold's mould-made paper. Composition and press-work under the supervision of F.J. Newbery at the Chiswick Press, London. Compositor: A. Douglas. Pressman: A. Curran. This first impression is limited to 750 numbered copies. Nos. 1-80 are specially bound. A second impression, unlimited, may be printed on machine-made paper at a later date."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 172
BEIN 2014 750: No. 127. Autograph on front free endpaper: H[enry].W[ade].W[hite]., 60 Chesnut St., Boston.
BAC: British Art Center copy is numbers 44 of a limited edition of 750 copies. Bound in green full morocco by Sangorski and Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 18th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.White, Henry Wade -- Autograph.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1946.
YCBA Collections Search
Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771, Gray's Elegy written in a country church-yard , McMxlvi 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.