IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sewell, Anna, 1820-1878, Black Beauty , 
Black Beauty : his grooms and companions ; the autobiography of a horse / translated from the original equine, by Anna Sewell.
- London : Jarrold and sons, 3, Paternoster buildings, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.l., [vii]-viii, -247,  p. : front. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1965Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 218
BEIN 1977 373: Advertising matter:  p. at end. Bookplate of Charles J. Rosenbloom.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. Original diagonal rib-grain dark blue cloth; stamped in black on front and back covers and spine; stamped in gilt on front cover and spine, pictorial stamping of gold horsehead on front cover. Blue cloth box-case; black leather label with gold lettering on spine. Title-page, 1 wood-engraving in text. Presentation copy from the author to "Miss G. Howeld." Spine height: 7 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals, Legends and stories of.Horses.Rosenbloom, Charles J. -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.