Greek marine views : from sketches taken by an officer, during a three years cruize in the Mediterranean / arranged by W.J. Huggins, marine painter ; and engraved by Edward Duncan.
- [London] : June 1st. Published at W.J. Huggins, 105, Leadenhall Street, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- 3 leaves,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 51 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 31Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Imprints and date of publication from plates.
Aquatints by Edward Duncan; after E. W. Churchill
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 131
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original brown paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Marine art -- Greece.Marine prints -- 19th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
- View of the Fort of Patras, in the Gulf of Lepanto
- Greek Privateer, commanded by Kanaris
- Greek Felucca Privateer, with a distant view of Messalungi.