Bell, Charles, Sir, 1774-1842, Essays on the anatomy of expression in painting , 1806
Essays on the anatomy of expression in painting / by Charles Bell.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme, 1806.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 186 pages, 6 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC760 .B4+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Later editions published under titles: Essays on the anatomy and philosophy of expression ; The anatomy and philosophy of expression.
Engravings by John Stewart; after Charles Bell.
Printed by C. Whittingham.
Publisher's advertisements:  pages at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic.Emotions in art.Expression.Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme -- Publisher.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
- Stipple engravings -- 1806.
Etchings -- 1806.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.