Nakedness consider'd, or, Reasons for not wearing of clothes / by a gentleman of great parts.
- Additional Title(s):
Reasons for not wearing clothes
- London : Printed for A. Moore, Near St. Paul's, 1729.
- Physical Description:
- , 1 pages : illustrations ; 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBJ1500.N8 N35 1729+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Price four-pence."--Foot of title page.
Includes head- and tail-pieces.
"As going naked is a thing of so great antiquity and now so little practis'd, I have made it my business to consider the reasons for such a change. I find they are entirely void of any foundation, and I doubt not but I shall convince all unprejudic'd persons of the absurdity of wearing any clothes."--Page .
- Subject Terms:
- Conduct of life -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Early works to 1800.Nudism -- Early works to 1800.Nudity -- Early works to 1800.
- Woodcuts -- 1729.
YCBA Collections Search
Gentleman of great parts, Nakedness consider'd, or, Reasons for not wearing of clothes , 1729
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.