The funnyshire fox chace : a new game.
- Additional Title(s):
Funnyshire fox chase
- [London] : W. Spooner, 377 Strand, [ca. 1830?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : chiefly ill. ; 40 x 53 cm. folded to 18 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .F86 1830Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .F86 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BEIN NLr89 F8 830f: Plate (mounted on linen) has imprint, in part indistinct: London: Published by William Spooner, 377, Strand. Printed by W. Kohler [?], 11 [?] Denmark street, Soho. Rules of the game on printed leaf mounted inside front cover.
A single hand-colored lithographed sheet designed to be used as a game board. Pasted onto linen backing and folded inside green paper covers. Paper label on front with comic hunting scene and lettering (The Funnyshire Fox Chace) printed in black. Rules of the game printed and attached to inside label.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, both bound in publisher's green cloth with illustrated label on front cover. Copy 1 inscribed: Edward B.H. Curteis from Uncle & Aunt Forbes with their kindest love. May 31, 1841.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Copy 2. Color plate folded into original dark green cloth boards; paper label in front with comic hunting scene and lettering (The Funnyshire Fox-Chace) printed in black. Rules of the game printed and attached to inside cover. Pencil notes on rules "[Wm Spooner c. 1846]... p. 65" and on folded plate "Spooner c. 1865".
- Subject Terms:
- Curteis, Edward B. H. -- Pres. inscrip. from Uncle & Aunt Forbes, May 31, 1841.Forbes, Uncle & Aunt -- Pres. insc. to Edward B. H. Curteis, May 31, 1841.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horse racing -- Amusements.Horse-racing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- 19th century.Kohler, W. -- Printer.Race horses -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- 19th century.Spooner, William -- Publisher.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- 1830.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.