IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
England and Wales, An ordinance prohibiting cock-matches , 1654
An ordinance prohibiting cock-matches : Fryday March 31. 1654. Ordered by His Highness the Lord Protector, and his Council, that this ordinance be forthwith printed and published. Henry Scobell Clerk of the Council.
- Additional Title(s):
Laws, etc. (1649-1660 : Commonwealth)
- London : Printed by William Du-Gard and Henry Hills, printers to His Highness the Lord Protector, 1654.
- Physical Description:
- , 193-194 p. ; 26 cm. (fol.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF503.52.G7 O73 1654+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- British Museum. Catalogue of the pamphlets, books, newspapers, and manuscripts relating to the Civil War, the Commonwealth, and Restoration, collected by George Thomason, 1640-1661, E.1063
BEIN Uzfh35 654g: Bound to 27 cm. Countersigned by Henry Scobell, clerk of council.
Woodcut title-vignette (Commonwealth arms); variant form on p. 193.
Evidently part of a larger work.
T.p. enclosed in a plain rule-border.
English short title catalogue, R209566
BAC: British Art Center copy unbound.
- Subject Terms:
- Cockfighting -- Law and legislation -- England -- Early works to 1800.Dugard, William, 1606-1662 -- Printer.Hills, Henry, d. 1689? -- Printer.Scobel, Henry -- Autograph (BEIN)Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1654.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.