England and Wales, An ordinance prohibiting cock-matches , 1654
- An ordinance prohibiting cock-matches : Fryday March 31. 1654. Ordered by His Highness the Lord Protector, and his Council, that this ordinance be forthwith printed and published. Henry Scobell Clerk of the Council.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Laws, etc. (1649-1660 : Commonwealth)
- London : Printed by William Du-Gard and Henry Hills, printers to His Highness the Lord Protector, 1654.
- Physical Description:
- , 193-194 p. ; 26 cm. (fol.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF503.52.G7 O73 1654+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Uzfh35 654g: Bound to 27 cm. Countersigned by Henry Scobell, clerk of council.
Woodcut title-vignette (Commonwealth arms); variant form on p. 193.
Evidently part of a larger work.
T.p. enclosed in a plain rule-border.
Thomason Coll., E.1063
BAC: British Art Center copy unbound.
- Subject Terms:
- Cockfighting -- Law and legislation -- England -- Early works to 1800.Dugard, William, 1606-1662 -- Printer.Hills, Henry, d. 1689? -- Printer.Scobel, Henry -- Autograph (BEIN)Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1654.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.