Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England), Official descriptive and illustrated catalogue, 1851
Official descriptive and illustrated catalogue. By authority of the Royal commission. ...
- London, Spicer Brothers, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. ill., plates (part. fold. and col.) maps (part. fold.) plans. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690 D62 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690 D62 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies in variant trade bindings. Copy 1 has 76 p. of advertisements at the end of v. 1, illustrated by W. Joyce, J.W. Whimper, Adeney, and H. Dudley; after Shepherd. Copy 1 has a further 8 p. of advertisements at the end of v. 2. Copy 1 has a pres. insc. to George Bowen Caton, dated 1851.
BAC : Illustrations by Augustus Petermann, M. Jackson, Walter G. Mason, T. Heaviside, O. Jewitt, T. Bolton, Hare, Lee, R.H., H. Leighton, G.P. Nicholls, I.S.H., R. Langton, H.L., M.U. Sears, M. Gould, T. Williams, Gugiet, Cherrier, Porret, and Culice; after J. Tenniel, P.H. Delamotte, Robert Hunt, S. Heaviside, Jarvis, F.T. Dollman, G.F. Sargent, and T.W. Papworth.
BAC : Plates printed by Standidge & Co., Royston & Brown, and others.
BAC : "Printed by William Clowes and Sons."
Vol. 1 has added t.-p., engr.
At head of title: Great Exhibition of the Works of Industry of All Nations, 1851.
Edited by Robert Ellis.
- v.1. Index and introductory. Raw materials. Machinery.--v.2. Manufactures. Fine arts. Colonies.--v.3 Foreign states.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.